“WinFreePetrol”, “WFP”, “we” or “us” means URL Holdings Limited.
“You” means you the person accessing this website and/or communicating with us.
“This website” means www.winfreepetrol.co.nz, the website of URL Holdings Limited.
“WinFreePetrol” is a trading division of URL Holdings Limited.
We understand that your privacy is extremely important to you. As a result we have put in place a number of measures to ensure that any personal data we obtain from you visiting this website is processed and maintained in accordance with accepted principles of good information handling.
This statement provides you with details of the type of information we may hold about you, how we obtain and use any information and how we protect your privacy. For purposes of this policy, online shall include mobile web browsing as well as regular website browsing.
Please read this section carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We comply with:
The Privacy Act 1993 dealing primarily with the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information and
The Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act largely enacted to prevent spamming activities.
YOUR CONSENT (INCLUDING DRIVER’S LICENCE/VEHICLE REGISTRATION VERIFICATION)
By accessing this website, using this website, completing any forms available from this website or in any other way providing information to us as a follow on from visiting this website or completing any survey sent to you, you shall be treated as having consented to the use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in this document.
Where in addition, you have entered on our website or otherwise provided your driver’s licence or vehicle registration number, you consent to us, any provider and/or advertising partners used by us to:
- obtain information relating to your driver licence or vehicle registration from NZ Transport Agency;
- perform queries on your driver licence or vehicle registration (using information you have entered on this website or otherwise provided); and
- also register your details with Driver Check so that they are notified of any changes to your licence.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT & HOW WE COLLECT IT
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.winfreepetrol.co.nz (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, posting material, subscribing to our service, requesting further services or completing any survey sent to you. In addition to this, you authorise us to collect personal information about you from anyone else (including government agencies (NZTA, Motor Vehicle Register, and PPSR).
WinFreePetrol collects personal information from participants during and after registration with a promotion, including the receipt and redemption of prizes. You will be asked to provide certain personal and demographic information, including your name, address/es, mobile number(s), email address/es, age, occupation/education, personal vehicle details and the unique identification number we assign to you when you register/enter.
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If applicable, details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your transaction(s).
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
WFP may provide its advertising partners with information we hold about you. Advertising partners may use this information for the marketing of other products and services to you, for unrelated interest-based advertising and/or to link additional data about you to validate certain information you provide about yourself.
You may also be offered the opportunity to access promotions through third party social media platforms. If you select such option, WFP may collect certain profile information stored in your social media platform account.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer/phone/ipad (or other device used to access our business), including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
Cookies are small files that store certain data on a device. Session cookies expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device until deleted or once they reach a defined expiration date. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie – some websites and/or service may require cookies and therefore if you decide not to accept these cookies, you may not be able to use the website and/or service. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
THIRD PARTIES & THEIR LINKS
Our site may contain links to third party websites or websites of affiliates / related parties. You may see these ads or promotions in several places throughout our site or as sponsors to our email communications/campaigns or surveys.
We use third party web beacons from Google to help analyse where visitors go and what they do while visiting our website. Google may also use anonymous information about your visits to this and other websites in order to improve its products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
WinFreePetrol may from time-to-time engage a third party or parties to either display advertising on our WFP website (www.winfreepetrol.co.nz) or to manage WFP’s advertising on other websites (for example on social media sites). WFP’s third party partner(s) may use technologies such as cookies or identifying data elements to gather information about your activities on WFP’s website(s) and/or on other websites in order to:
a) provide you with advertising about WFP and its affiliated companies’ services and/or
b) assist WFP in developing marketing and advertising campaigns designed to target individuals who have a social and demographic profile similar to your social and demographic profile.
SECURITY & USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
WinFreePetrol is committed to securely holding your information and using it only as set out below.
Despite the safeguards we implement, transmissions over the Internet and/or a mobile network are not totally secure and WFP does not guarantee the security of online transmissions. WFP is not responsible for any errors by individuals in submitting personal data to WFP.
However please note your obligation in regard to control of your e-mail address and/or password in the next section below.
The information we collect about you will be recorded electronically and may be used in the following ways:
- to facilitate your entry into WFP‘s promotions and communicate with you regarding such entries;
- to verify your identity and suitability and to enable us to consider you for other products or services;
- to contact you (by phone, email or other means) in connection with your inquiry even if you do not proceed to complete your entry;
- to extract certain information for the purpose of generating statistics for our own internal purposes;
- to update records held about you and service your account;
- to detect, prevent and investigate money laundering, fraud and other criminal activities;
- to comply with any and all legal obligations;
- to conduct regulatory and other periodic checks;
- to update our website and notify you of any changes to our service;
- to develop, manage and market products and services to meet your needs;
- to send you notifications of promotion opportunities;
- to pass or sell your information to a third party or an affiliate / related entity for the purpose of the such party marketing their products and/or services to you;
- to assist us with any part of our business or the business of a third party or affiliate / related entity; and
- as otherwise required to comply with any current or future legal obligations;
- to validate the profile information you provided to us; and/or as otherwise permitted pursuant to this Policy or as otherwise authorized by you.
You consent and opt in so that any or all personal information about you MAY BE SHARED:
- with you (using any contact details you have provided);
- with our affiliates, related entities and carefully selected third parties which provide services to us (for example third party providers of customer service activities) for the purpose of them telling you about their services or products, for credit assessment purposes, for collection purposes or for the provision of services;
- with selected third parties for them to market their products/services to you;
- where information provided by you has been falsified, with appropriate authorities;
- as required by government or regulatory or judicial authorities in order to comply with the law and/or for the purpose of fraud prevention; and
- In a situation where we sell or endeavour to sell part or all of our business(es), in connection with a change of ownership or control, including, a merger or an acquisition of any or all of WFP‘s business assets, provided that the party receiving or acquiring the personal data agrees to use, protect, and maintain the security, integrity, and confidentiality of personal data in accordance with this Policy;
You further consent that any identification type information about you (including as examples; passport details, driver’s licence details, address/phone details, bank account details, vehicle registration, vehicle details and employment details) may be shared with third parties / affiliates or advertising partners and checked against information held by those third parties / affiliates for the purposes of verifying such information and/or your identity.
YOUR OBLIGATIONS IN REGARD TO E-MAIL ADDRESSES & PASSWORDS
Where you have provided an e-mail address to us, you agree that you do and will continue to control this e-mail address and that we may: contact you at this e-mail address, provide information to you (and/or about you) at this e-mail address, and assume that any communication from this e-mail address to us is a communication from you.
You agree to accept competition information and other communication from us to any email addresses provided to us from you at any time and/or via display and/or access from this website (or any other WinFreePetrol website) including display and/or access following you logging on as a user through the use of your e-mail address and password.
You further agree to accept communication being sent to any mobile phone number provided to us from you at any time.
The security of your e-mail address, mobile phone number and password is of critical importance. Please refer to the website Terms and Conditions for the obligations on you in relation to e-mail addresses, mobile phone numbers and passwords. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
How long we keep your information for depends on the basis on which it was provided, generally however:
- We will keep your contact details for as long as we have your consent to send you marketing information and/or pass your contact details to third parties.
- We will keep other information about you if it is necessary for us to do so to comply with the law.
- We will keep records of any entries into on this website up to a period of six years and no longer than reasonably necessary.
- We will keep the information that is necessary to enable us to provide you with a service that you have requested through this website for as long as it takes us to provide that service.
SELLING OR OTHERWISE PASSING ON YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its affiliated subsidiaries. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If WinFreePetrol or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
In addition, you agree that we may sell or otherwise pass on your information to third parties (and/or related parties) who may use your personal information to contact you (whether by telephone, email, post, SMS text or any other communication method) in regards to telling you about their services or products.
You also understand and agree by entering a competition or completing a survey using/from this website (or any other website) that we (and any third party, advertising partners or affiliate/related entity) may contact you from time to time at your email address, postal address, mobile phone number (by call or SMS) or by other electronic means for marketing purposes, to discuss or provide information about future products and promotions offered by us and/or affiliates, and to manage any competitions or other products/services you may have with us.
In addition, WinFreePetrol, WinFreePetrol’s affiliated companies, advertising partners and/or third party companies may send email communications to you regarding future promotions, new products/services, existing products/services, newsletters, notices required to be provided by law, notice/s of winning a promotion, reminder notices and in response to inquiries from you.
If you call any of the telephone numbers quoted on this website, the advertisers that own them may record your call. Recordings are used for training and quality control purposes.
Where you provide WinFreePetrol with your telephone number(s), WFP, its affiliated companies or third party advertisers may also contact you by telephone in relation to your account, including, without limitation:
a) promotion entries and prize fulfilment;
b) responding to your queries;
d) additional product/service invitations and/or opportunities; and/or
e) to validate profile information you have provided to us.
ACCESS & CORRECTION TO YOUR INFORMATION
We will hold information collected from you, from others or generated during or as a result of dealings between us.
You have certain rights under the law to access information about yourself, to request us to correct that information and to limit how that information can be used. If you wish to receive details of the personal information held by us about you, or wish to have the information corrected, please contact us at email@example.com.
OPTING OUT – YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You may opt out from our use of your personal information for marketing purposes or opt-out of email communications by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email you receive from us at any time or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting to opt out from any marketing activities. We undertake to process any such requests within two business days.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note they may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You may opt-out of sharing social media platform profile data by changing your preference/profile settings with the relevant social media platform regarding the sharing of data with third parties or removing the Application/Services from your social media profile. This will be different for each social media platform/site.
If contacted by a third party, you may need to follow their instructions on how to opt out if you wish contact from them related to marketing activities to cease.
You have the right to review, correct, and/or unsubscribe your personal data at any time. You may contact us with such a request using the form on our Contact Us page.
Please note that by opting out or unsubscribing from our marketing list, you are removing your entry from ALL of the current (and future) promotional period/s.
ERRORS & OMISSIONS
While WinFreePetrol has made every endeavour to supply accurate information, errors and omissions may inadvertently occur from time to time. We cannot offer any guarantee or warranty as to the truth, accuracy, detail or extent of the description contained within each or any listing or link. Accordingly, WFP accepts no responsibility for any loss or inconvenience occasioned by any person or organisation either acting upon or refraining to act upon a particular course of action as a result of the material contained within our site pages or the links they may provide.
WinFreePetrol will welcome notice of error, omission or inaccuracy. Where such an error or omission or inaccuracy arises within this site and is duly, properly and authoritatively notified as being such, WFP undertakes to correct, alter or include the appropriate information with a minimum of delay. In keeping with that undertaking, WFP reserves its right to amend, alter, insert or delete any information, image or graphical representation contained in this site, with or without prior notice.
Date Last Updated: 12.11.2018